This statement is so strong and important because I truly believe that students need to learn that they have the power to make a difference for themselves and that they should take responsibility to be the best student that they can be. I love how she uses the word "discover" because it makes me think that it is a process for students to learn who their best self is, and to learn how to be their best self in the classroom. This is a very rewarding process for both the teacher and the student! I hope to be an effective teacher and teach my student's more than just content, I hope to teach them that they are great the way they are and that they are the most important person in the decisions that will make them the best person that they can be. I hope to give my students the power to control their own lives, their own destiny and give them the power to believe in their dreams and what is important to them.
Power to dream is a gift of found here in America but not one that every child knows how to access.
ReplyDelete