Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog #1 Field of Flowers

As I look at this picture of the different flowers I think it is a great metaphor for a classroom of children. I believe that as teachers we need to see the differences in our students as something beautiful. We should appreciate their differences and see that they can all bring something strong to the table. When you look at a field of flowers you see that together as a whole they make the picture beautiful and that if they were not all different the picture would not be as wonderful as it is. It is the same way with our students, if they were all the same our classroom would be boring and we would not make the differences we do in different lives. Flowers touch people's lives in many different ways just like our students will touch our lives and the lives of each other in different ways. It is important that we celebrate their differences and allow them to be themselves always within the walls of our classroom!

1 comment:

  1. Capitalizing on the strengths to enrich the community as a whole is an important key.

    ReplyDelete